Private Therapy Sessions
Couples Sessions -- Because intimacy and sex involves and affects both partners, therapy yields the best results when both people in a relationship commit to taking part in the process. Each partner has a unique perspective on the problem and will be a valuable asset in finding a solution.
Individual Sessions -- If you have a desire to address particular issues in your life, even if you are not currently in a relationship or are in a recently formed relationship, individual therapy is a valuable tool for you. Many of our clients also find this to be a healthy approach to address any concerns or problems before entering a new relationship.
Virtual Sessions -- If you are outside of the Chicago area, it is important to note that we do offer virtual therapy sessions by way of video conferencing, allowing you to benefit from our services even if you do not live near our downtown offices.
The Enliven Experience
Do you need a solid jump-start to creating changes in your relationship? Do you want the benefit of having several hours of focused therapy, rather than sessions that are spread a week or more apart from one another? Do you feel that your relationship needs an immediate infusion of hope and improvement? The “Enliven Experience” offers a special opportunity to benefit from morning and afternoon extended sessions with a break for lunch and a tailored experiential exercise between meetings. This experience can be scheduled to take place over the course of one to three days and is designed for highly motivated couples as an option for maximizing progress early in the therapeutic process.
Workshops & Teleseminars
Join us for an upcoming workshop or teleseminar on one of these topics:
• Feeling More Like Roommates? Liven Up Your Love!
• Creating a Vibrant and Lasting Marriage - Preparing for what
comes after the ceremony
• Enlivened Lover - For Men Only
• Enlivened Lover - For Women Only
Send us an email to inquire about upcoming dates and register.
Collaboration with Our Medical Team
Once your unique situation is discussed during your first session, a medical evaluation may be recommended by your therapist. If such an evaluation proves to be necessary, you will be referred to an appropriate medical provider who has been personally selected for his or her dedication to sexual health and the pursuit of the most up-to-date, innovative and effective treatment for your concerns. The staff at Enliven maintains an ongoing collaborative relationship with any and all involved professionals on your "treatment team", allowing you to enjoy the benefits of a comprehensive approach to your care from some of the very best clinicians and physicians that Chicago has to offer.
Commonly Treated Concerns
People look to therapy as a resource for a variety of reasons. The following is a list of the most common issues that Ms. Sharky treats in her practice:
• Lack of sexual education or comfort in embracing one's sexuality
• Problems getting or staying aroused or "turned on"
• Blending of spiritual/religious moral beliefs with healthy expression
• Discrepancy in sexual desire between partners
• Unable to reach orgasm, either currently or throughout your life
• Establishing healthy sexual life following past sexual abuse
• Body image concerns interfering with sexual expression
• Difficulty communicating with your partner about sexual
• Fallen into a rut/routine or bored sexually
• Recovery from infidelity and the reestablishment of
trust and intimacy
• Menopausal symptoms interfering with sexual expression
• Difficulty maintaining intimacy due to demanding careers and
• Rapid ejaculation
• Erectile problems
• Pelvic pain during intercourse
• Questions or confusion about your sexual orientation or expression
• Difficulty experiencing orgasm with one's partner, despite being
able to do so when masturbating
• Coping with the emotional toll that infertility and necessary treatments
• Establishing an active sexual life after childbirth
• Recovery from illness, surgery or cancer and the affects these
treatments can have on your emotional health and sexual functioning
• Coping with chronic illness, such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic